Thursday, June 14, 2012

Thursday Morning Thoughts

I would like to share with you some of my thoughts I had this morning, while riding to Onaville to finish painting a container at our "satellite" location.
"   As Christians, we musn't blend in with the secular world. Let me clear up the fact that I am not stating that it is wrong to befriend non-believers or to associate with them. However, we are called to be bold; to be radical in this day and age filled with unholiness and impurity. We must not merely label ourselves as Christians and abuse the grace of God. Jesus lived a perfect and blameless life so that we sinners may be redeemed. That is enough reason for me to try my absolute hardest to live my life as a genuine, devoted follower of Christ. Christ paid for the sin of all mankind with His own blood.
    Tell me, what good is it to dress up in our "Sundays Best" on Sunday mornings, singing along with the worship band and raising your hand up to Heaven to praise our Lord, when Monday-Saturday you live no differently than your secular neighbor?
    We must NOT abide by the norms that our society has grown accustomed to. What is more courageous; giving in to temptation and impurity or living a pure life of righteousness? Will it be easy to ignore the peer pressures of the world? Absolutely not. As a devoted follower of Christ, you WILL face trials, temptations, and downfalls. How you respond to those downfalls, is the testing of your perseverance and faith in God. I see people constantly stating things such as, "Why is there so much evil in the world?; What happened to moral standards?; Why is he doing this and she doing that?", etc. Rather than asking questions such as this, would it not be easier to live your life, the way you want others to live theirs? Lead by actions rather than solely relying on words. You could be the brightest, most knowledgeable speaker of this age, but if your words do not coincide with your actions, then they will fall upon deaf ears."


 I enjoy writing, even though I am far from the best at it. Writing is simply an avenue for me to share with the world, what God puts on my heart. I will attempt to post things such as this on my blog, on a more regular basis. I am sure that there will be many people whom disagree with my thoughts and actions. That is completely acceptable. However, if I have one person that is somehow "moved" by my words, no amount of opposition can overcome that single victory.

No comments:

Post a Comment