Thursday, June 21, 2012

The Countdown Begins.

  I celebrated my 5th month in Haiti last Saturay, June 16th. Therefore that leaves me with less than a month left here; 24 full days to be exact. My oldest brother, Jason will be here from July 2nd-9th. Catalyst, my college ministry consisting of all my best friends back home, (the team I came down here with June 2011) will be here from July 6th-17th. I will be returning to the United States on July 17th, with all of my best friends. I have been anticipating their arrival for quite some time now. I'm so excited for my brother and for my best friends to experience what I have had the blessing to experience for this long. I'm definitely having a mix of bitter-sweet emotions. Haiti has became my "home away from home". I've developed many great friendships with the Haitians as well as the American NVM staff. The Haitians no longer consider me a "blanc", meaning a foreigner. "Ou pa blanc. Ou se Ayisyen!". They now consider me one of them, a light-skinned Haitian so-to-speak. I am beyond thankful for being blessed with the opportunity to plug into this amazing community of people for 6 months. However, I greatly miss my family and friends back home. I am continuously praying for a smooth transition back into my America way of life, as well as into Liberty University in August. I pray that God will give me the wisdom, strength, and courage for this transition to be as smooth as possible. I plan to return here to Nehemiah Vision Ministries sometime in 2013. I'm not sure exactly when, or for how long, but I will be back!

  All the Nehemiah Vision Ministries interns decided that we needed to take a group photo. Maggie Younker, whom I have worked with since January, departed on Monday. She has spent 5 months here, and will be interning with the International Justice Mission in Europe, starting in September. We also have 3 Summer interns who arrived several weeks ago. It has been great working alongside my fellow interns and new friends!

So this pyramid picture didn't turn out as great as I would have liked. I was using a 35mm lense and had about 5 minutes to try to get several shots (Maggie had to leave for the airport and we have 100+ people on campus). BUT...it's an awesome picture, regardless.

Brandon Hutchens (NVM Missions Team Coordinator); Interns: myself, Jonathan Dimanche, Maggie Younker, Chris Bosma, and Clinton Small. There is never a dull moment on this compound!

  Thank you for taking to the time to check out and share my blog! I ask that you keep me in your prayers, as I continue to serve the remaining 24 days here! God has been doing amazing things over the past 5+ months of my life. This has been a life-changing experience, to say the least.

No comments:

Post a Comment