Monday, July 9, 2012

This Is A Family

 The title of this post is, "This Is A Family." The staff here at Nehemiah Vision Ministries does not simply refer to each other simply as friends, a group, or ministry. We are a family. A family that consists of various ages, walks of life, homes (in America), skin complexions, hair colors, and well...many other things. However, none of those differences matter. This is a family that might only spend several months of a year together. Some of us might not ever, unfortunately, see each other face-to-face again. (You might be thinking, "Hmm...this doesn't really sound like a family to me.") But the time that we have spent here together has been absolutely priceless. Don't get me wrong...we function similar to "true" blood-related families. What I mean by that, is the fact that we don't always feel thrilled to be in each others' presence. We butt heads, have disagreements, don't see eye-to-eye on every little detail, and don't all enjoying doing the same things as others...and none of those characteristics differ from "normal" families. One characteristic that we ALL share, however, is the fact that we all have a burning passion to serve and love the Lord Jesus Christ.

Today was definitely a bittersweet day here at Nehemiah Vision Ministries. I say bittersweet, because some of us had to say "goodbyes" with an undetermined amount of time until we see each other again. Our NVM family is once again undergoing a slight roster change. However, change is inevitable and people have to move on to the next chapters in their lives. Nurse E'Tienne York headed home this morning after a year of service here at NVM; Brandon Hutchens and Katie Hutchens headed back home for two weeks to spend time with family and loved ones back home; my oldest brother, Jason, also headed home after spending a week here with us at NVM.

The fact that I only have eight days left in Haiti definitely hit me pretty hard today. I said my last goodbye to E'Tienne bright and early this morning and later drove my brother, Brandon, and Katie into Port-au-Prince Airport. The realization, that before I know it....I will be taking my last airport run. And rather than picking other people up, or dropping other people off...it will be myself who is leaving. I could go on and on about the many experiences I've had here since January 16, 2012. Perhaps I will in a later post...but for tonight, this is it! I ask for everyone to keep all of us in your prayers as we continue to serve here at NVM, as well as to the many other places that God will lead us. All things for His glory.

Top : Katie Hutchens, Brandon Hutchens, Katherine Clancey, Cheryl Warner, Aubree Dell, Jim Warner, E'Tienne York, Brooke Smalley. Bottom: Jonathan Dimanche, Myself,                   Clinton Small, and Chris Bosma.                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment