Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Two Weeks Remaining

As of today, I only have two weeks left in Haiti. My oldest brother, Jason, arrived here yesterday! He will be here from July 2nd-9th. I am so excited that he was able to come. It just so happens that we started our first annual Nehemiah Vision Ministries Summer Youth English Camp on Monday--he is a high school English teacher back home! Therefore, he immediately plugged into the camp and is teaching an English class!

My oldest brother, Jason, and myself. My caption for this image is, "You may be the oldest brother... but now I'M the biggest!".

My brother and I both greatly enjoy photography. He has a wedding photography business that he does "on the side." I love every opportunity that we get to shoot weddings (and anything, really) together. There was an awesome lightning storm off in the distance last night. We decided to go out and attempt to capture images of lightning bolts. So...we went out on the roof, set our D7000's to interval shooting (capturing images every 2 seconds), and I caught this 6-bolt-beauty!


My best friends will be here at Nehemiah Vision Ministries, THIS Friday!! That is the same team (Crossroads Fellowship college ministry, "Catalyst")that I came down here with last summer. It's going to be great working alongside my brother for a week, and my best friends for 11 days. It has been 5-and-a-half months since I've seen any of my family or friends. I will be flying back to the States with my friends/college ministry on July 17th.

No comments:

Post a Comment