Monday, January 13, 2014

Humbled.

*This post was intended to be posted yesterday, Sunday, January 12th 2014*

First, I'd like to take this time to ask you to pray for each-and-every person that was affected by the massive earthquake that devastated Haiti, four years ago today. It's hard to believe that it's already been four years. I thank God for leading me to that beautiful nation for the first time in 2011 and for six months in 2012.

"Humbled."
I titled this post humbled as a result of the Sunday night revival tonight at my church. And to be completely honest, it's not because of the pastor nor the sermon that was preached. It's because of a twenty-something young man, Jeremiah. 

Let me tell you a little about Jeremiah.

Jeremiah is as normal as all of us, just differently-abled; he was diagnosed with Down-syndrome at birth.  We have hit it off since the first day I met him; like his father and brother, he is a die-hard UNC Tarheel fan.  When he makes eye contact with you, he gives you the absolute biggest grin and his signature thumbs up. His family diligently serves the church and are no doubt genuine lovers and followers of Christ.  They are a musically talented family, using that blessing as a method to outreach and spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

So, what humbled me tonight?

The fact that Jeremiah can't really carry on a "normal" conversation, his words are slurred and nearly 100% undistinguishable; however, on this Sunday night, during praise and worship, Jeremiah sang aloud, audible and distinguishable, nearly every single word to every single worship song, all while lifting his hands up unto to the Lord.  Wow.  How amazing is that?  Talk about the Holy Spirit moving in my friend Jeremiah!  Praise the Lord.

To whomever comes across this blog post, I encourage you to 1) pray for Jeremiah and the amazing heart that he has for the Lord and 2) that each and every one of us can "take" something from this post....a little humility, revelation, conviction, whatever it might be.  I know sometimes during praise and worship, my mind is in 1,000,000 other places, not giving God the attention that He deserves....but not Jeremiah.  Not tonight.  He sang his heart out unto the Lord and left me with a memory that I will truly cherish.

No comments:

Post a Comment